Saturday, September 13, 2008

Daytrip to L-Slugger museum & Indianapolis

Also during our last week in KY Chris took a day off of work and we spent a fun day together!  We went to the Louisville Slugger museum in the morning and then we headed off to Indianapolis for the day.  We went to visit my Freeze grandparents' mausoleum that is there.  My grandma just passed away this last March but I wasn't able to be at the internment because it was during our finals week at USU.  It was a beautiful cemetery and it was such a special experience to be able to see that before we left the area.  We travelled about another ten minutes to see the house my grandparents raised my Dad and their three other kids in on Lincoln Blvd.  Afterwards we did some shopping and had some dinner.  This was our last fun thing we did in "Kentuckiana"

In front of Louisville Slugger Museum-"The Big Bat"

This was in the room where they show all the presidents who've signed baseballs and also thrown the first pitch of the season in the MLB

Chris in front of my Freeze grandparents' mausoleum
(Indianapolis, IN)
It was really a beautiful place

This was the house my Dad and all his siblings grew up in on Lincoln Blvd in Indianapolis, IN

No comments: